The Queen of Make Do & A Giveaway, Too!!!
Saturday, April 25th, 2009
Now, 3 ounces is still a good size, which is why I'm showing you a picture of the tube next to the 8 ounce bottle. But - the tube is easier for mobility and there is no waste. You can squeeze out every last drop onto your whole entire dried up scaly body...
Don't they know who I am?
I'm simply trying to heal everyone's dry skin without a bunch of cheap chemicals.... Heck - I'm not Mr. Colgate and I've never even met Mrs. Palmolive. Come on Mr. Tube Man - give me a break!
The glare was bad and I couldn't get it right. That's when Jack walked in and shook his head at what I was doing. He said, "Why don't you just go outside and then you won't have to worry about the glare or the flash." And of course I said, "well, I just wanted to make it harder on myself." He then said as he pulled away the black background, "Honey, this isn't going to work - just try it outside."
He then got a big, BIG laugh out of my props.... hence, my "make do." You see, I was using my black pashmina draped over a lamp and a bottle of port in the kitchen. Hey - like I said, I'm the Queen of Make Do.
Okay - so as I looked at the pictures, I figured Jack was right. Every single picture was blurry and glare-y. So - what the heck, I'll go try it outside.
And to be honest with you, for a non-photographer, I don't think they're THAT bad...
So what is the tube and lotion bottle propped up on outside?
It's the old well in front of the original farmhouse.
The old red pump on the other side of the well still works! It's what we use to water the grounds.
Okay - so enough about the story behind the photography... Let's talk about my BLOGGY GIVEAWAY!!!!!
Since I have more tubes than S. E. Johnson has wax, I'm giving away TEN! Yep - that's right. Ten tubes to 10 random people that comment on this post. Here are the rules:
1. Comment that you would like a free tube of Hummingbird Farms Lavender Body Lotion No. 145.
2. I will compile all your names and let Jack randomly pull ten names out of a bag... or something.
3. I will notify you if you are a winner and your tube of the creamiest lotion ever will be on its way.
Oh - and one last thing. If you happen to be a winner and like the product, I would be very happy if you would send me an email on what you think about our lotion. Heck, even if you don't like the lotion let me know what you think. If you're okay with it, I would like to put your testimonial on our new website that should be up and running in about 5 to 6 more days. I'm going to have a testimonial page, and I will even include a link to your blog under your testimonial on our website... Again, this is only if you are okay with it.
AND - one last thing before this post ends up being the longest post in history. Let me tell you just a bit about the lotion:
1. It is aloe-based, not water based. We have added NO water, so only a little dab'll do ya'. Seriously, you won't need but about a pea-size for your hands.
2. Please start looking at your favorite lotion. I promise that you will find that 90% of the time, the first ingredient is water. At Hummingbird Farms, all our products are aloe-based.
3. There is no synthetic fragrance in our products. The scent comes from the natural essential oils that are used (specifically lavender) and will subside after a while. So that means you can wear No. 145 Lavender Body Lotion and not worry about it interfering with your No. 5 Chanel Perfume.
4. We use vitamins for preservatives, no parabens.
And - that's all I have to say.... Good Luck & have a wonderful week!
< Go Back